


I was just being casual, enjoying the warm sunshine. So naturally I spread my arms to the warm rays... and did not think once of what a silly picture I must have posed to the people driving by hah. When I saw this after, I had to keep it and share it with you. What better than embracing the sun?


I just love these tortoise-crossing signs. I'm one of those people who will pull over to help a turtle or a tortoise to cross the road. There's no reason for the poor dears to get squashed for nothing.




I don't have too many photos from the first half of the trail due to the fact I was being eaten alive by every manner of biting insect known to man. I practically bathed myself in Muskol before I was able to walk without being constantly harassed. Clearly no one had been back here in a while, not even maintenance staff, because this tree was blocking the path and looked like it was a less than recent fall.

It was still a lovely little walk, insane insects and all. But I knew I wanted to cool off and wash the sweat and bugspray away so next I set my sights on a beach. I decided to check out the newly opened Petrie Island Beach near Orleans, and it did not disappoint. There's a white sandy beach for ages, and the island also has adorable little inlets off the river.




Crazy toes!
I was pretty surprised with how empty the beach was for a hot Saturday afternoon. No complaints though! I brought a book and packed myself a little pasta salad and had a nice time. I did get a pretty nasty sunburn - it's what happens when you have no one to put lotion on your back - but nothing I wasn't willing to deal with for the good day I had.




Eventually I had had enough sun, got dressed and headed home. I really need to do more stuff like this. I'm coming to the conclusion that solo mini-adventures are going to be my only ones. The only person I really want to hang out with is way out in British Columbia right now. I keep hoping beyond hope that she'll come back, but I certainly won't blame her if she doesn't. I just still really miss my friend. My real friend. Not that the others aren't but... eh. I get the feeling Becky was one of those once-in-a-lifetime friends and we were robbed of our friendship much too soon.
Anyway, enough of that, before my misty eyes turn to teary eyes. I went on another of those mini solo adventures on Saturday again, this time to a small museum outside the city and a new lake to swim in. I also did a lot of reading, which was nice. I hope you all had a lovely weekend too! Did you do anything fun? Cheers!
3 comments:
I don't see many tortoises in my neck of the woods, but I like those signs!
the sunflower and seagull photos are so cute! seeing people write posts like these- with so many wonderful photos- makes me want to take more photos of my everyday life. i need to break the habit of forgetting my camera wherever i go!haha
these photos are amazing lady. what fun
Post a Comment