Dress - Purchased from Jewels4pandas on Etsy
Shoes - Spring
Necklace - Lisa Burkin/Island Girl Designs on Etsy
I actually nearly decided to sell it off right away when I first finally tried it on. My bosom is apparently still slightly-too-much for this dress... There is very little that can be done about gaping buttons, and things are rather tight around the shoulders... No reaching for things on the top shelf while wearing this!
I did learn that wearing a sports bra squashed me in just enough to make the dress wearable though. But trust me, otherwise... there is no way in hell I'd have been able to wear it without seriously risking popped buttons. Plus it doesn't FEEL like I had expected it to while wearing it. It doesn't sit and move like I had hoped and dreamed. And I think that kinda shows while I wear it.
I still think it's a lovely colour, and that is has beautiful eyelet work and that it goes marvelously with my lovely necklace. But... I don't know if it's worth my keeping it around. Someone else might be able to love it more than me. Someone who won't risk popping buttons or ripping shoulder seems.
In the end, I only spent $36 on the dress, so it's not the end of the world, but it is pretty disappointing. Especially when something else I bought and received at the same time came as a let down too. I'm not too sure what to do now though. I don't want to just send it to the thrift store, it deserves better than that.
I'm probably going to wait a little while longer, try my darndest to style this thing in a way I feel comfortable. Wearing it with these shoes felt really wrong somehow for one thing, but there wasn't any other option. I'll be happy to receive my Chinese Laundry pair and give those a try. Maybe they'll help?
Otherwise... I might try and have a giveaway. Maybe hook up with a blogger who has enough watchers to make it worthwhile. At least then it would go to someone who really wanted it, and who could appreciate it, instead of letting it languish in some musty thrift store somewhere.
I am sooo happy it's Friday though! I have, as usual, too many plans this weekend, and hopefully the weather doesn't ruin them all. I hope you all have a great one! Cheers!




3 comments:
i hate when purchases are a let down! this is a very pretty color, tho...maybe you can throw a loose vest and belt it? or if you really wanted to spend the time - remove the sleeves? might fit more comfortably? otherwise, a giveaway is a great idea :)
[oomph.]
So disappointing when something you love doesn't work out. However, I do think it is super cute on you. Maybe put on some bright tights and get a bolder shoe. You cold throw a belt on too maybe give it a pop. Just a thought. :)
Nice Outfit you look gr8..:)
Post a Comment