Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Case of the Pesky Breeze

I seem to be in a cycle of re-wearing the same few articles of clothing over and over (with washes in between, thank you). I blame work for this, since only so many things are appropriate, and none that I really feel like wearing. For instance, I've worn this dress twice more since taking these photos on August 3rd. But it's just so cute, airy and simple, I can't help it! It's one of the few pieces that answers my strange desires right now.

August 03 2011 C
Dress - Thrifted from Value Village
Shoes - Thrifted from Value Village

I'm not usually drawn to anything with grey in it, but I really like the print. I picked it up while thrifting a few weeks ago and I'm glad I did, it's unlike anything else in my wardrobe right now. I'm hoping this will be a good transition piece come the fall... I can see a butter-yellow cardigan and some brown wool tights in my future!

August 03 2011 E

I've been struggling to eat good, healthy meals in this hot weather and not just succumbing to the ease of takeout. I live in Chinatown and can literally have food in my hands within 10 minutes of making a phone call. The temptation, you know it not. So I've been eating a lot of salads like this, with whatever fresh vegetables I've got hanging around the refrigerator.

August 01 2011 G
August 01 2011 F

In this case; romaine lettuce, white mushrooms, grape tomatoes, red peppers and yellow zucchini with some grated Parmesan. And then I liberally doused it in Caeser dressing and covered it in croutons and likely nullified any healthy aspect the salad may have had haha...

August 03 2011 A
August 03 2011 B

I'm actually super happy with how all these photos came out. I wasn't feeling it at the time, being hot and rather miserable. Not to mention the hot sticky breeze blowing about my terrace that kept making my skirt balloon out... Case in point.

August 03 2011 D

Note my hilarious stance and "stop that right now" facial expression. This dress just puffs up like a bell. Thank goodness it's quite stiff at least, I don't have to worry about it blowing up and causing me modesty problems.

August 03 2011 F

This also appears to be a very ideal hem-length for me, falling at exactly the slimmest point on my upper-calves before hitting my knees. Leg-flattering and knee-hiding, check and check.

I have lots of posts to share with you in the near future, including two on my visit to Mer Bleue Marsh, as well as some more outfits, a post about my time spent at the cabin this weekend... no lack of writing material for once! I hope you're all having a good week, and enjoying some nice weather and relaxing times. Cheers!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

I like wearing simple dresses, and I don't think that even blog world will notice if you wear the same thing twice.

Elizabeth Hope said...

Very cute dress!

Check out my blog sometime?!
xoxo
Elizabeth Hope
www.StyleItInHeels.com

oomph. said...

i always wear the same things to work, too. i'm not a vegetarian at all, but i love salads, and could live off them...with an occasional dose of meat, of course! this one looks chunky and delicious.!

[oomph.]

Unknown said...

I adore this dress. It fits you so perfectly. I can see it transitioning beautifully into fall. I'm becoming more aware of how things fit my body and searching for that flattering look, such as how you described the appropriate length of your hemline.

islabell said...

i feel like sometimes the wind hears "lets take photos" and then just begins to gust. you look very pretty and that stop what your doing right now face is pretty hysterical

Post a Comment