Today my mother and I drove out to Almonte, to visit a little vintage shop I'd never been to before. It was rainy and gloomy, so I figured a little exploratory trip was needed to brighten the day!
Almonte is really an adorable little town, also known as Mississipi Mills (as there is a mill, on the Mississipi river) filled with old buildings and adorable, original little shops and stores. As mentioned, it was raining, which means it was dark and wet, and I didn't get any nice outdoor photos of the shop or the town, and all my photos are... well, gloomy. But I'm trying!
But before I get to the vintage shop... outfit photos! (And my struggle to find somewhere suitable in the apartment to take those photos!)
Sweater - Lamb's wool, thrifted from the Salvation Army for $6
Dress - Bought from Heather's Etsy shop Moonshine Junkyard
I really, really love this dress! It's so comfy and light and fun and wonderful!
Alright, now on to the vintage shop! It's called Vintage Wear/Ware, and is found at 63 Mill Street, Almonte, Ontario.
Vintage Wear/Ware : Vintage Clothing and Timeless Treasures
The walls are lined with clothes, and there's an area near the front filled with little antiques and cute nicknacks from days gone by.
My mother and I drooled all over this gorgeous handmade dress. But I had to behave and leave it behind. We actually found several handmade pieces, all of them of great quality. The store itself is rather small, but no space is wasted, and every item is worthy of being there. Beautiful dresses, vintage nightgowns from the 60's, old aprons, racks and racks of hats... a great selection, and extremely reasonable prices!
I made off with this awesome shirtdress for $18! And I have to agree with the little sign on the mirror... "If it makes you feel good, wear it!"
I am definitely going to be going back to visit again, when I have more money to spend. I really wanted to try on some of their nightgown sets, but it's not in the pocket books at the moment. I highly recommend anybody in the Ottawa Valley to go check out Vintage Wear/Ware. The staff are friendly, the store is clean and bright, the clothes are clean, of good quality and very well priced. Definitely a great little vintage shop!
(Can you tell I'm really getting into this blogging thing? Haha... I can't wait for it to be tomorrow so I can take more outfit photos!)
I hope your Sunday is sunnier than mine! Cheers!












2 comments:
okay, first off you look WONDERFUL in the dress you got from me; it makes me so proud! and i am super jealous that you get to wear it with a pretty earthy sweater and tights. can't wait!
secondly, that store is AH-MAZING! the dress you got is so becoming and unique and all the little goodies are just thrilling in all the best vintagey ways. for some reason i'm totally in love with the basket of raggedy anne dolls.
it's cool to see what it is like up there in Ontario...a part of the world i've never explored and can hardly imagine. what a cool little nook of the city! i'll have to check out almonte on line. weird, too, i didn't know the mississippi river went through there....what a crazy buncha land we've got here in north america!
Thank you :D I get lots of compliments on it actually, and I'm quick to tell them I got it from a wonderful gal in California!
It's actually a completely different Mississipi river! I remember the first time I saw the name, I couldn't believe it... but no, apparently there are two, for some silly reason. It's fun that we both get to see new places through our blogs though!
Post a Comment