Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Aqua Dreams and Peach Flowers

I was happy when I got home from work today and discovered that a package was waiting for me. I had ordered some pieces of resin jewelry from Flowers For Real Jewelry on Etsy. I immediately switched out the earrings I had for these lovely verbena flower earrings. They wound up going wonderfully with my brightly coloured vintage dress.

 
Jan 19 2011 D
Dress - Purchased on Etsy from Sally Jane Vintage
Earrings - Purchased on Etsy from Flowers For Real Jewelry
Tights - Fancy Sox
Shoes - Spring

I've worn this dress only a few times in the last couple months, but I never made a post about it after having worn it in my very first blog post here. It makes that day in September seem so far away.

Jan 19 2011 A
Jan 19 2011 C
Jan 19 2011 B

I wore this dress out dancing one night and someone came up to me and exclaimed, "I love your dress! I saw you and thought 'There's a 70's housewife on the dance floor!' It's great!" Ah vintage clothes haha...

I would have had another dress to show you earlier, but the dress I bought from Brick House Vintage must have been lost in the mail because it was shipped November 30th and hasn't made it here yet. I keep hoping I'll come home to find it got here REALLY late but odds are I won't be so lucky. :(

I'm eagerly awaiting another package in the mail, this one with a crazily coloured and amazingly patterned dress from the 60's. I'm hoping it gets here in time for me to wear it on the weekend. Hope you're all having a good week, cheers!

4 comments:

Lori said...

I love that dress.
Did you contact Issa about the missing dress? I'm sure she would do something about it.
Lovely earrings too btw.

anne said...

those earings are so pretty! what a great purchase. they look perfect with your cheery 70s dress. hope you have a wonderful weekend!

bonfire of my vanity said...

i love that dress! minty! and yes, contact issa. she lives down the street from me...i'll try and call her or text her about it.

Cel said...

It's okay! I already contacted her about it and she was great and gave me a full refund. It's too bad though, I'd much rather have had the dress!

Post a Comment