Saturday, January 15, 2011

Oh happy day!

Well I'm still not feeling quite up to snuff yet - so no outfit post again - but my spirits are still high! I was thrilled today when a college friend of mine contacted me through Facebook, saying she'd seen all my lovely hemp necklaces, and would I be willing to take on a commission from her? Of course! So this weekend I'll be making a special longer necklace for her, particularly, a nursing necklace.

My lovely friend finds herself with child, and she wants me to make her a baby-friendly necklace for her future wee one to clasp in his or her little hands while nursing. And I am honored to do so! I think this necklace will have more love and joy put into it than any yet, and I'm very excited to get started on it.

I just finished tonight one necklace that I'd been working on for several days. It wasn't that it was particularly harder to make, but I just never had the time to sit down and devote the 2 or so hours it takes me to make one all in one sitting! But now it's done, and I'm very happy with how it came out.


The glass pendant is another that I bought on Etsy along with the one on the pink necklace from my last post. I enjoy working with the glass pendants, they add a nice weight to the necklaces and make them hang differently than they otherwise would without them.

I'm also happy to say I made my first sale! An internet friend from way out in British Columbia purchased a necklace from me, making her my first customer. It makes me happy knowing people like what I create, and that the necklaces will be worn and enjoyed.

I promise to get back to outfit posts as soon as I feel better. I miss posting them! I hope you all have a lovely weekend. Cheers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment