Leather Jacket - Danier Leather
Checkered shirt - Fairweather
Skirt - Thrifted from Value Village, Le Château
Boots - Joneve at the Bayshore Shopping Centre

What with this being my last day of freedom per say, I figured I'd go down to the Ottawa river and try to take some photos. It was nice out, hovering at about -5'C/23'F and without wind.


Standing in Ontario, looking at Québec across the river.
There's really barely any snow on the ground right now, which is odd. But we've had a recent spell of above freezing temperatures and a lot of rain which melted most of it away. Of course everywhere that snow had been compacted just turned into a thick layer of ice when it got cold again.


Trying not to slip!
I've been reading a lot of posts about the new year, resolutions and thoughts about the past and future. I have to admit I'm very relieved that 2010 is over, it wasn't the best year for me. 2010 was a year of changes and confusion for me, and a time of mistakes. I'm hoping 2011 will let me repair my wrongs and fix my mistakes and be truly happy again.

I'm going to spend the majority of this year saving up money, so that I can move from Ontario out to Alberta, to be with my boyfriend. I won't be going until likely the summer of 2012 though... Ah well, all good things come with time. Cheers...



7 comments:
Beautiful pictures. It looks so pretty but I cannot even begin to understand negative degrees. Anything lower than 30 is pretty miserable to me.
Happy New Year Hon! I hope its the most wonderful it can be. One must make mistakes to learn from them, so fret not, good things will come in time indeed.
Lovely location!
I really like your jacket :D
o(≧o≦)o
Xoxo
Sarah
My bones hurt thinking of 23 degree weather! How do you look so comfy!? Well, I hope 2011 is awesome for you, I'm relieved to see the end of 2010, too.
Where in Alberta are you moving? I used to live in Calgary. The nature is so pretty up in Banff and all that.
*Happiest of New Years to you*
@Claire, I guess I've just gotten used to the cold after living my whole life in a place where winter lasts near on half a year! Haha... I still far prefer warm weather though. I'll be moving to Lloydminster, on the border between Alberta and Saskatchewan. Far from Banff, but close to another national park at least!
Looks beautiful! We went to the mountains yesterday to play in the snow. I did a complete geriatric slip and landed face down in the snow- I was laughing hysterically because I just couldn't stop it from happening :D Cute blog!
Even though I can safely say I hate winter, these are great photos :)
Erin
Post a Comment