Sunday, December 19, 2010

Bright as the Sun

I finally have my perfect yellow sweater! It's big! It's snuggly! It's obnoxiously yellow! It's wonderful! I've been wanting a yellow sweater just like this for ages and ages, and when I went thrifting with my friend Kirsten on Tuesday, I found it!

Dec 18 2010 F
Sweater - Thrifted from Value Village
T-shirt - Thrifted from Value Village
Skirt - Thrifted from Value Village
Leggings and Leg Warmers - Ardene's

This is actually Saturday's outfit, but I spent the entire day making truffles with my friends so by the time I got home, I just wasn't in the mood to make a post. But from noon to about 9:30pm last evening, the four of us devoted all our time to truffle-making, and we each left with about 75 assorted truffles.

Dec 18 2010 D

I sadly didn't have the presence of mind to bring my camera, but others took photos so I may post some of those once they're available. And now about this skirt... I also picked it up thrifting Tuesday. However, I'd gone to the same thrift store a few weeks earlier, and had tried it on and wound up leaving it behind. I saw it again Tuesday, and happened to have a 30% discount coupon, and figured if it was still around for me to find, it must mean I should take it home!

Dec 18 2010 B
Dec 18 2010 A

I think I dressed so brightly to counter the previous day's more oatmeal-like outfit. But it's most definitely not the first time I dress in neon. It's just nice to dress bright and happy in the middle of winter, everything is so brown and blah..

Dec 18 2010 E

And this yellow sweater definitely has HAPPY written all over it. I'm actually surprised I didn't get it covered in chocolate, which would have been rather disastrous hah. I also wore another of my soon-to-sell (attempt to anyway) necklaces, and it definitely jived with all the bright colours.

Dec 18 2010 C

Anyhow, I'm off to spend this evening at Upper Canada Village with the parents, looking at all the Christmas lights they set up. I should hopefully - if my batteries don't die again - have some nice photos from that. Cheers!

1 comments:

Post a Comment