Wednesday, December 8, 2010

What a day...

This just seems to be one of those days for me. I got a parking ticket while at the pharmacy, my brownies stuck to the pan and came out a mess - still edible, but ugly and really not fit for eyes to see - and I just finished taking care of paperwork with work which I absolutely loathe. Top that off with this being a horribly windy cold day, and that I seem to have just started very painful hiccups, you have one of those days. I forced myself to take some photos but I really wasn't up to it so you only get one today.

Dec 08 2010 A
Sweater - Thrifted from the Salvation Army
Tank top - Fairweather
Skirt - Thrifted from the Salvation Army

The day did have at least a small highlight. I spent a few hours with a friend of mine making home made soap. I felt a bit like a mad scientist as we dealt with the lye, since we had to wear safety goggles and latex gloves. It won't be ready for a while, but it was fun. I'd always been interested in making my own soap but the long list of ingredients seemed intimidating in terms of price and effort for something I'd never even done before so getting to take part without really investing was nice.

Anyhow, I'm going to curl up with a book and hope these hiccups go away. Cheers!

1 comments:

moonshinejunkyard said...

Sorry about your spurt of bad days. Hope they're better now!

Can't wait to hear how the soap comes out. I'm with you...never quite know where to start, seems intimidating, but something I'd love to make. Keep us posted!

Post a Comment