Thursday, December 9, 2010

Seen it all before

I seem to just keep re-wearing the same pieces over and over lately, mix and matched. Even though I have tons of other stuff to be wearing. Oh well. Today had the misfortune of being another one of those days for me, so if my smiles seem a bit stressed, that would be why.

Dec 09 2010 F
Blouse - Thrifted from the Salvation Army
Skirt - Thrifted from the Salvation Army

A chicken dish I cooked came out partly raw, and as someone who prides herself on cooking and baking, it was rather upsetting to say the least. It likely wouldn't have bothered me overmuch, but after absolutely ruining a batch of brownies (upon tasting them, I learned they were NOT edible) I was starting to doubt my kitchen skills!

Dec 09 2010 D
Blouse details... and no, the shirt is not pink, the flash just made it so.

Dec 09 2010 E

I'd been frustrated with a certain few locks of hair - what used to be bangs - which have recently decided to keep flopping to the wrong side. So I braided the little buggers and now I can tuck them aside, no muss, no fuss!

Dec 09 2010 B

I also recently made another hemp necklace. And once again somehow turned it into a choker. I swear I cut more than enough hemp string, and set aside more than enough beads and count all the right amount of knots and still... I'll just have to keep at it! Thankfully, I like wearing chokers so it's not the end of the world.

Dec 09 2010 C
My made-by-me hemp necklace.

Anyhow, I haven't had anything to eat since noon, what with the whole raw-chicken fiasco, so I'm going to go scrounge up some viddles and curl up with a book. I've been reading Julie and Julia by Julie Powell. I've yet to see the film of the same name, but I plan on watching it once I'm done the book.

Dec 09 2010 A

And so I leave you with the book cover and my cat's behind. Just because. Cheers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This outfit is one of my favorites, although you probably already know I'm a sucker for reds. I saw the Julie & Julia movie, but haven't read the book yet. You'll have to let me know which you like better. :) K

moonshinejunkyard said...

ooooh, i wanna PAT THAT KITTY! look at that tail curling around the book....dreamy!

Post a Comment