Sweater - Thrifted at Value Village
Shirt - Smartset
Skirt - Thrifted at Value Village
Tights - Sirens
Leg warmers - Ardene's
We picked a wonderful night to go it seems, as there was no wind and it wasn't too cold. It also helped that we picked up some fresh hot chocolate as we wandered through the village though!

Such cool buttons!
The Upper Canada Village is really amazing. They're all real buildings that were moved from their original place of foundation, and brought to this site. The furthest from which came any of the buildings was 53kms, making them all local.

It's awesome to stop and think about the fact that these buildings were built by the not-so-distant ancestors of the local people. Everything from the bakery, to an inn, the church, post office, tin smith and masonic temple... All local historical buildings preserved in the village.

My father, with and without flash hah. Snow!
We decided we really need to go back in the summer months. During the summer, the place is a fully functional village, with people "living" there all season round, going about the tasks of days gone by. The old fashioned bakery sells bread to visitors, using flour milled on site in the historical mill using water from the St-Laurent River that the village faces.



I had an absolutely amazing weekend, I hope you did too. Cheers!




2 comments:
Your sweater is lovely- look at those buttons! I took my kids on a drive through our rinky-dink village to see the lights and even my four year old was unimpressed. Your experience seems much more appropriate.
Happy Holidays!
I went with my family to Upper Canada Village in the summer (when I was really young) and it was fun! highly recommendable, and I agree with you that it's really cool that all the local but ancient buildings have been preserved like that.
Post a Comment