Friday, December 3, 2010

Flower Child

Some days I just really channel the flower child in me. Sure, I was born a few decades too late to be the real deal... But it just feels right! I so badly wish I could have been around with those free thinking, loving people in the changing times. I could probably do with more colour but hey!

Dec 03 2010 F
Crop top - Thrifted from Value Village
Dress - Sears
Tights - Fancy Sox

This is the most adorable outfit, but apparently also impossible to photograph at all flatteringly. Not to mention my tights are brown and they always came out looking like a dirty gray in the photos.

I'm not really the crop top kind of person - I may be coming to love my body and shape, but not to the point of showing off my belly just yet - but this was just so cute and fit so well... I figured I'd find some other way to wear it, and I did.

Dec 03 2010 C

I bought the black dress several years ago, as a graduation dress, and to wear to my friend's wedding. It's actually super useful for layering, both under and over things, or just on its own, so yay for that! Plus check out how flouncy this thing is! That's got Wear-Me-Dancing written all over it!

Dec 03 2010 E

Dec 03 2010 D

The long shell necklace is one of many that were in a $2 bag I bought at a Value Village. I've never been big on gold or diamonds, I prefer more natural, earthy jewelery. So these shells definitely suit my desires. Pair that with some feather earings, my hemp and wood bead choker and the little braids in my long hair and you got yourself a neo-hippie!

Dec 03 2010 B

And here's another shot of some of the stuff in my bedroom, this time one of the shelves with some of my bones. Just so it's clear, none of the bones or furs etc. of the creatures I collect are from animals that were purposefully killed for such things. Some I found in the forest and cleaned myself, others I bought from taxidermy artists or in little shops.

Dec 03 2010 A

From the left there is a bobcat skull, a crane skull, a mink skull, a crow skull and two little magnifying boxes holding the exuvia from two of my tarantulas. The two tall bones in the back are leg bones, the thin one belonging to a crane, and the other to a bear.

I hope you all have a great weekend! Cheers!

1 comments:

moonshinejunkyard said...

wow, you have such mystical things in your room! they have a lot of power and beauty and i LOVE that you found bones and things in the forest. that is something i always hope happens to me.

that blouse is gorgeous and the way you are wearing it is so perfect. hope you got to dance the night away!

Post a Comment